Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Spoke to soon ....

Ok so as usual I spoke to soon.... Adam DID not sleep last night. He slept the first part of the night, but has been up and down since about 3:00am. We never know what causes it. I wish we knew! Over the past 16 months we have diagnosed it colic, reflux, nightmares, unable to get into REM sleep and he gets woken up, sensory issues .... the list could go on. Doctors do not seem to understand when we tell them he does not sleep. His genetic doctor did mention melatonin, but I think Adam might still be to young for it. As much as I hate to admit it , benedryl sometimes works!
He was such a happy boy last night when he got home from grandmama's. He was watching all of us and all the activity going on around him! He loves to see Max (the dog). Jake and Matt both were so glad Adam was home. Jake is so funny trying to carry Adam around. They both look awkward!
I have to put on my bad mom hat this morning! Poor Jake was trying to tell me something and I totally lost my cool and yelled "JUST GET DRESSED!" I feel so guilty now. I did apologize to him and let him know that I did want to hear what he had to say, but at the same time we were running late and he needed to continue getting dressed. I am not sure how we were running late since I have been up since before six, but we were! By the time you make breakfast for Jake and Matt, breakfast for Adam, feed Adam, take the dog out, clean up breakfast, make lunch, everyone get dressed, hair brushed, teeth brused, backpacks zipped, lunches in backpack and oh yeah - I do have to be dressed and presentable for work, also Adam bag packed since my mom was keeping him today, dog put up and out the door - I do not know why I would be running late anywhere! I know most moms feel that way in the morning, whether you have 1 child or 3! whether you work or don't work.... School mornings are just hectic!

1 comment:

Katie said...

~groan~ had one of "those" school mornings myself today, then went to leave and the car wont start!
I hope sleeping comes back into the picture sooner rather than later, I dont know how early you can use melatonin, but i know heaps of people swear by it.
I remember how awful it was when Jai wouldnt sleep, he just didnt seem to need it.
good luck :)
Katie